The Channel Points program is a rewards feature for Twitch streamers that gives them a way to engage viewers and give them benefits that are usually only available to subscribers.
In this article, we’ll cover what Channel Points are, how you can set up Channel Points on your Twitch channel, and how viewers can earn them.
What is Channel Score on Twitch?
Twitch Channel Points is a rewards system open to all Twitch Affiliates and Partners that allows streamers to reward their viewers with perks for watching, following, or participating in raids. These rewards are typically for subscribers and serve as a trailer that can help entice non-subscribers to continue watching and become loyal viewers.
Once viewers earn Channel Points, they can be spent on any channel rewards the streamer has set up. These include things like unlocking emojis, highlighting your message, or custom rewards that the streamer has enabled, like dancing on the stream.
To be able to set up Channel Points on your channel, you need to join the Twitch affiliate program. To be invited to the show, you need at least 50 followers, 500 minutes of airtime in the last 30 days, three or more average concurrent viewers, and at least seven unique days of live streams.
How to set up channel score
Setting up Channel Scores is easy. Here’s how you can do it:
- Sign in to your Twitch account.
- Click the profile icon in the upper right corner and select Creator Dashboard from the drop-down menu.
- Click three horizontal lines in the upper left corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, select Stream Manager.
- Click Rewards for viewers and then select Channel point.
- Turn on Turn on channel point.
How to customize your channel score
Celebrities have the ability to customize their Channel Scores by giving them a name, giving them a unique icon, and managing what rewards their viewers have.
To change your Channel Points name and icon:
- Go Channel point menu as above.
- Next Customize score display option Edit.
- Here you can give your Score a custom name by editing the field next to it Point ‘Name.
- You can also upload a custom icon for your Channel Score by adding the three images below Display.
To choose which rewards to enable:
- Go Channel point menu as above.
- Click Manage rewards and challenges. This will show you all the default bonuses that Twitch has created.
- Toggle each reward you want your viewers to be able to receive. You can also change the price per reward by changing the value by Cost.
To add custom rewards:
- Click Create custom rewards. Alternatively, you can browse through the custom rewards collection and choose a new custom bonus from there.
- Add custom name.
- Enter a description.
- Enter the amount you want the reward to be worth.
- Add a custom bonus icon by dragging and dropping an image in Reward icon field.
- Click Save to summarize the rewards.
How can you earn and spend channel points?
As we mentioned above, viewers automatically earn points by watching live streams on their favorite channel and following people who stream on Twitch. They can also earn points by participating in raids or by clicking on recurring click-to-confirm notifications.
Here is a breakdown of the earning rates for the Channel Points system:
- See: +10 points for 5 minutes of live viewing time for
- Active viewing: +50 points for 15 minutes of live viewing, click to redeem.
- Join the raid: +250 points.
- New tracking: +300 points.
- Watch streaks: in 2-5 consecutive streams earn +300, +350, +400, +450 points respectively.
- First cheer: +350 points for first cheer are used every 30 days.
- First sign up gift: +500 points for the first gift received every 30 days.
Note: Subscribers will get bonus points depending on their level. Tier 1 is 1.2x, Tier 2 is 1.4x and Tier 3 is 2x.
To use Channel Points:
- Click the Channel Score icon at the bottom of your favorite streamer’s chat window.
- This will open the Channel Points bonus window showing the number of points needed to purchase the reward. If you haven’t been to the channel before, it will say Begin!
- Click on the reward you want, then click Unlock.
Back to Stream
Introducing Channel Points to your stream is a great way to increase the number of loyal fans you have. Everyone loves free content, and Channel Points give you a great way to add unique and personalized rewards that your viewers will love.