You don’t need to set up millions of dollars to build an audience for your online gaming streams. Thanks to services like YouTube and Twitch, you can play games and get paid to do so, building an army of loyal fans as you go on. Specifically, Twitch offers a range of features that allow fans to subscribe to and support their favorite channels.
However, if you are new to Twitch, you may see bits, tips, and other confusing terms and wonder: What exactly is Twitch Prime? If you’ve ever wanted to take your Twitch streaming addiction to the next level, you’ll need Twitch Prime — here’s everything you need to know about it.
What is Twitch Prime?
Twitch Prime is an extension of the broader Amazon Prime subscription service that offers users free next-day shipping, access to Amazon Prime Video, etc. However, for Twitch users, Prime, is the ultimate bragging tool, offering a number of benefits to streamers as well as viewers.
These include watching ad-free Twitch streams, access to free games, and Amazon discounts on games you’re physically looking to buy. You can also support your favorite channels, with a free monthly Twitch channel subscription, though you can purchase more for other channels you support.
Essentially, a Twitch Prime membership gives you exclusive chat options, including Prime-only emojis, additional text colors, cool Twitch Prime chat badges, and perks. other channel-specific benefits that streamers can offer Twitch users.
Overall, Twitch Prime allows you to support your favorite channels, giving you the ability to chat better with streamers and other users, and get other tangible gaming benefits. as a discount or gift.
Subscribe to Twitch Prime
If you want to subscribe to Twitch Prime, you’ll need to sign up for Amazon Prime or Amazon Prime Video first. Twitch Prime is an add-on for Amazon Prime members.
If you have an Amazon Prime subscription, you can link your Amazon account to your separate Twitch account, getting the benefits of both services.
- To do this, go to Twitch Prime Website. At this point, you’ll need to sign in with your Amazon account. Once you’re signed in, tap Activate Twitch Prime in the upper right corner.
- You will be asked to log into your Twitch account at the next stage. Once you’ve signed in, you’ll need to confirm that you want to link your Amazon account to your Twitch account — tap Confirm to confirm this.
- Twitch will confirm if the process was successful, list some of your available benefits, and give you the option to subscribe to the channel.
If you don’t have Amazon Prime, you can try it with a 30-day trial. This also gets you 30 days of a free Twitch Prime membership—just link your Twitch account to your Amazon Prime trial account to get the benefits.
After the trial period ends, your Twitch account will revert to the standard free account.
Countries available for Twitch Prime
If you want to use Twitch Prime, you need to be in a country with an Amazon Prime or Amazon Prime Video subscription. In regions not offered by Amazon, you can sign up for Amazon Prime Video using its global plan, and then link it to your account.
This means that, no matter where you are in the world, you should be able to get a Twitch Prime subscription — with a few exceptions. Currently, users from India or China can’t subscribe to any of these services, so they can’t sign up for Twitch Prime either.
You also can’t sign up for Twitch Prime if you’re a logged-in user from a country subject to a US trade embargo, such as North Korea or Iran.
Claim Twitch Prime Games and Loots
You can use the benefits that come with a Twitch Prime membership in a number of different ways.
A Twitch Prime membership includes a variety of loot, which are in-game items or gifts that you can use with a number of your different games. For example, you can claim a special cosmetic, exclusive to Twitch Prime, or gain access to a free trial of a game. To access these items, press Crown at the top right of the Twitch website.
- You can see the full list of loot, including games you can claim for free through your Twitch Prime membership, at Twitch Prime sharing site. You can go there directly or by pressing crown icon at the top right of the Twitch page, then tap Visit Twitch Prime Loot button.
- Under Games and Loot tab, press Request for any of the games listed in Games with Prime section to claim them for free. You can also do this for any loot or other content in any of the sections listed in Games and Loot navigation.
Use your free Twitch Prime channel subscription
Twitch Prime membership includes a free monthly channel subscription. Subscribing to a channel offers a number of benefits, including the ability to thank the streamer, as well as receive channel-specific benefits (including custom emojis).
It’s also a great way to support your favorite streamers. Subscribing to a channel means Amazon pays the streamer a percentage of the cost. While Twitch Prime members get a free subscription, Amazon still pays broadcasters the same amount.
- Different subscription levels are available to users, with additional benefits depending on how long you’ve been signed up for as well as how much you pay. To use your free Twitch Prime channel subscription, open the channel you want to subscribe to, then tap Ordered button.
- This will bring up different registration options. To use your free Twitch Prime channel subscription, press the . button Free sign up button.
The free Twitch Prime subscription doesn’t renew, so you’ll need to do this monthly to keep supporting your favorite channel or else the subscription will expire. If you Stream games to Twitch By itself, subscribing to Twitch Prime is a great way to increase revenue for your channel at no extra cost to your viewers.
Streaming alternatives on Twitch
Twitch has kicked it out of the park, especially since Amazon acquired the company in 2014. It’s the only real, large-scale competitor to YouTube around, but there’s plenty to choose from. alternative to Twitch if you want to watch game streams outside of the Amazon Ecosystem, like Microsoft’s Mixer.
If you like the idea of streaming your own game, you can stream it yourself on Twitch. Just make sure you have a good quality microphone, a PC that can handle screen recording and play the right games to build an audience.