The Windows Clipboard is a handy feature that has been around for years. It allows you to copy up to 25 items including text, data or graphics and paste them into a document or pin items you use frequently.
If you enable the permission short movieyou can view and access your clipboard history and sync it via the cloud for easier access on any Windows 10 device. Here’s how to view and clear clipboard history in Windows ten.
How to access the Windows 10 clipboard
If you copy content from, for example, a document, but forget to paste it, you can find the Windows 10 clipboard history content. Clipboard history supports text, images, and less than 4MB. and HTML, and store entries from newest to oldest. If you don’t pin an item to the clipboard, it will disappear because the history list resets every time you restart your device to make room for new items.
- If you have never used the Windows 10 clipboard, you can enable it by selecting Windows logo key + DRAW and then select Turn on.
- After you enable the clipboard, turn on sync to synchronize the clipboard items with your computer and access them from any Windows 10 device. Option Begin > Setting > System > Clipboard and then select Above Below Sync across devices.
Note: If your clipboard doesn’t sync with your Windows computer, select Begin > Setting > System > Clipboard> Automatically sync text that I copy. Sync preferences are linked to your work account or Microsoft account, so you’ll need to sign in with the same credentials across your devices to access your clipboard history.
How to View Windows 10 Clipboard History
Now that you have enabled clipboard history, you can open the clipboard and see a list of the items you have recently copied when using any application.
- Click Windows logo key + DRAW.
- The most recent items you copied will appear at the top of the list, and you can click any of them to paste into an open document or another application.
- You can also delete items by selecting Three dots next to the entry you want to delete, then select Delete from the pop-up menu.
- To clear all items in the clipboard history list, select Clean everything in the ellipse menu.
The Windows 10 clipboard can only hold up to 25 items, so you can use a third-party clipboard manager if you want. The Clipboard Manager can hold more items and allows you to change the format or typography, create permanent clips, search for clips, join clips together, and sync the clipboard, among other things. other function.
How to clear the clipboard in Windows 10
If you share your device with other users, you can protect any personal information you may have copied to the clipboard by clearing the clipboard history.
- Option Begin > Setting > System > Clipboard to open the clipboard.
- Next, choose Clear clipboard data and then select Strange.
Alternatively, you can press the . button Windows logo key + DRAW and then select Clean everything to clear the clipboard history on your device.
Note: If you only want to remove an item from the clipboard history, press Windows logo key + DRAW to open the clipboard and select Delete next to the item you want to delete.
How to turn off Windows 10 clipboard history
If you don’t want to save the items you copied to the clipboard, you can turn off clipboard history through Windows 10 Settings.
- Option Setting > System > Clipboard to open the clipboard.
- Find Clipboard history and switch the switch to Turn off.
- You can confirm if clipboard history is disabled by tapping Windows logo Key + DRAW. A small window will appear warning you that the clipboard history cannot be displayed because the feature is disabled.
Manage Windows 10 clipboard history
View and clear your clipboard history in Windows 10 is quite easy. Also, check what to do if copy and paste not working on Windows 10 and how to copy and paste across Apple devices using Universal Clipboard.
Leave a comment below and let us know if this guide helped you view and clear clipboard history in Windows 10.