Telegram is considered one of the best free messaging apps for a number of reasons. You can use Telegram to exchange large files with friends, chat secretly, edit or delete messages after sending and all without worrying about the security of your personal data.
However, not many people know about one of Telegram’s most useful features. You can use this application to send high-quality photos and videos online. We’ll walk you through all about this feature and how to use it on both the mobile and desktop versions of the app.
Why use Telegram to send high-quality photos and videos?
Messengers are great for exchanging photos and videos. It can quickly get annoying if the files you send or receive are blurry. That happens because social networks and messaging platforms use different image compression techniques. While this simplifies the media file exchange and allows you to send and receive photos quickly, it also means that the quality will be different from the original image when it reaches the recipient.
Sending uncompressed files can save you frustration and ensure both sender and recipient receive the same quality photos and videos. Also, on Telegram, you don’t have to worry about the files getting too big, as the app allows you to exchange large files. Thanks to Telegram’s superior security protocols, you also don’t have to worry about keeping your media files private.
What is the maximum file size that you can share on Telegram?
On Telegram, you can send individual files up to 2GB in size. That is beyond the limits of any other messaging platform. For example, the maximum file size that WhatsApp allows is 16MB for all media and 100MB for files you share as documents.
As long as your photo or video doesn’t exceed 2GB, you can send it via Telegram in full quality. You can also use unlimited Telegram cloud storage for your files. Even if you accidentally delete a file from your phone but it’s still on Telegram, you can re-download it at any time.
How to send uncompressed photos and videos in Telegram Mobile
There are two ways to send uncompressed media files in the Telegram mobile app. To send high-quality photos and videos from your smartphone, follow the steps below. These steps are the same for both iOS and Android.
- Open Telegram on your smartphone and navigate to the chat where you want to send your photos and videos.
- In the chat, select Attachments icon to the right of the message box.
- Option File from the options at the bottom of your screen.
- Telegram will then give you three more options to locate your file: Internal storage, Telegramand Exhibition room. Option Exhibition room.
- On the next screen, select the photos and videos you want to send and select To send.
Photos and videos you submit using this method will be delivered at their original quality. You can also use the following method to send uncompressed files on Telegram.
- Open Telegram on your phone and find the chat to which you want to send your photos and videos.
- When you open the chat, select Attachments icon in message box.
- Select the media files you want to send from Exhibition room.
- Choose three vertical dots at the top of the box and select Send without compression.
Your files will then be sent without pre-compression.
How to send uncompressed photos and videos in Telegram Desktop
What if you save high-quality photos and videos on your computer? You can also send them using Telegram without sacrificing quality using the desktop app. To send uncompressed photos and videos in Telegram from your computer, follow the steps below.
- Open the Telegram desktop or web app.
- Open the chat to which you want to send your file.
- Choose Attachments icon (to the left of the message box if you are using the desktop app and to the right if you are using the Telegram web).
- Select the file you want to share. Then choose Open.
- In the pop-up window, you will see two options: Sent quickly and Send without compression. Option Send without compression.
If you’re sending a video from your computer using Telegram, you won’t see the option to send the file without compression. That’s because Telegram doesn’t compress video files, so you don’t have to worry about keeping your high quality.
Share your high quality photos and videos on Telegram
You can choose any of the methods we have described to exchange images and videos with your friends or colleagues on Telegram without worrying about compression and loss of quality.
How often do you send high-quality photos and videos online? Do you use Telegram for it or some other app? Share your experience with file transfers in the comments section below.