If you post something on Instagram and delete it later, it’s still not completely gone. You can recover and recover deleted Instagram posts within 30 days of the original deletion. This feature was introduced in an update, so make sure you have the latest version of the app before attempting to use this feature. You can find it on Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
There are some apps that claim to let you view other people’s deleted content, but there’s no official way to do this. There are a few workarounds, but a general rule of thumb is: If someone deletes a photo from their Instagram account (or any other social media platform), respect their privacy and don’t try to find the photo. .
How to recover deleted Instagram photos
If you accidentally delete an Instagram post that you want to keep, you’ll still have access to it for 30 days and can restore it at any time. You’ll need to do this from the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device, as the web browser version doesn’t allow you to access deleted content. Here is a step-by-step guide.
- Open Instagram and tap the Instagram profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to go to your profile page.
- Tap the three-line icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Clap Your activity.
- Clap Recently deleted. This will open the deleted folder.
- Select one of the deleted posts, then tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the screen and tap Restore, then press Restore again.
- To restore or permanently delete content, you will need a one-time password sent to you. This is to prevent hackers from sabotaging your profile. You can choose to send it to email or phone number.
- After you choose where to receive the OTP, enter the code in the field and press Confirm.
This will bring the photo back to your profile. You can recover photos, reels and more this way. On the other hand, if you need to remove something from your main profile without completely removing it, take advantage of Instagram’s archive feature.
How to archive Instagram posts
Archiving a post will remove it from your feed, but not completely. You can also host Instagram stories and live content. Here’s how to archive posts.
- Open Instagram and select the photos you want to archive.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner.
- Clap Storage.
You can view archived content by going to your Instagram profile.
- Tap the three lines in the upper right corner.
- Option Storage.
- Any archived articles will appear here. You can press Post archive at the top of the screen to switch to the Story archive or the Live archive.
Your article archive is only available to you. If you need to delete a post temporarily but want to bring it back later, archive the post.
How to see someone else’s deleted Instagram posts
There is no official way to see someone’s deleted Instagram posts. The functionality of Instagram is designed so that once they remove it from their profile, it will work fine. If they delete their profile, there will be no way to see any of their content.
If you suspect content will be deleted, you can take the initiative to save it. You can take a screenshot of a photo and store it in your phone’s gallery, the photos app, or to your Google Photos account. Live content, on the other hand, requires a few extra steps.
There is a third party app called Storysaver.net that can be used to download Instagram stories. While you can access it through your Android or iOS device, you’re better off using a Mac or PC.
- Navigate to StorySaver.net.
- Enter your Instagram account username in the field and select Download!
- All recent stories will be displayed on the page and you can choose to save them all or choose individually between the stories you want to keep.
You can also use third-party apps to download live video content, such as IGTV videos.
- Towards https://bigbangram.com/content/instagram-downloader/instagram-video-downloader/.
- Enter the URL of the video you want to save in the format instagram.com/p/XXXX.
- Option Download.
Note that you will need to sign up for an account before you can use this tool.
Instagram photos and videos aren’t meant to last forever. While it’s not as fleeting as Snapchat, Instagram is designed to let you delete images that you no longer want to keep. However, if you do so by accident, you have up to 30 days to recover the content before it’s gone forever. If you’re afraid of losing your photos, try creating a dedicated Instagram folder on your phone or PC.