If you stream media across multiple apps on your Fire TV Stick, linking Trakt TV lets you keep track of every TV show and movie you watch. It even recommends movies and TV shows based on your watchlist or viewing history.
When linked to your streaming apps, Trakt sends push notifications whenever new episodes of your favorite shows are released. Plus, it syncs the content you’re watching across your devices and streaming platforms to create a unified streaming experience. This guide shows you how to enable Trackt TV on the Firestick app. You need a Trakt TV account, an Internet connection and Apps compatible with Trakt.
Create a Trakt TV account
Move on to the next section if you already have a Trakt account. Otherwise, follow the steps below to create and set up a Trakt account.
- Visit Trakt TV’s website on any web browser and select Join Trakt or Join Trakt for free on the main screen.
Provide the information (email, username, password, etc.) needed to create a Trakt account and proceed to the next step.
- Trakt will send a verification message to your email address. Open your inbox (or spam folder) and open an email from Trakt with the subject “Confirm your email address”.
- Choose Verify account to activate your Trakt TV account.
A new browser tab with the message “Your account has been successfully verified” will pop up.
We recommend personalizing your account before using Trakt on the Fire TV Stick. Enter your Trakt account credentials (username and password) and log in.
- Option welcome wizard below the message “Your account is ready to use!” Top.
- Enter your preferred display name, location and date of birth and select Next step proceed with.
- Choose your country and the streaming services you use. Option Next step proceed with.
- Choose your favorite genres for movies and TV shows and choose Next step.
- Choose movies/shows you’ve watched and items you own—digital or on disc. You can also add content to your watchlist (i.e. the shows you want to watch). Option Next step to continue.
- Connect social media platforms to your Trakt profile — if you want — and choose Next step.
- Trakt can send push notifications when someone follows you, replies to your comment, or likes your listing. Select your favorite channel (Slack, Pushbullet, Pushover, etc.) if you want to receive push notifications for these actions. If not, choose nothing and choose Continue to Dashboard.
Activate Trakt TV on Fire TV Stick
The method for linking and activating Trakt TV on your Fire TV Stick will depend on the app you are connecting to your Trakt account. This guide will show you how to activate and set up Trakt TV in two apps — Cinema HD and Kodi.
Activate Track TV on Cinema HD
Cinema HD is one of the best apps to stream and download movies (for free) on Fire TV Sticks and other Fire TV devices. Although it is a free app, it does not show ads or annoying pop-ups when streaming or downloading movies. Cinema HD allows you to link your Trakt account, so it’s easy to keep track of what you stream.
If you use the Cinema HD app on your Amazon Firestick, here’s how to link and activate Trakt TV in the app.
- Open Cinema HD, select hamburger menu icon in the upper left corner and select Setting.
- Option Account.
- Scroll to the “Trakt” section and select Log in to Trakt TV.
Cinema HD will display instructions for linking your Trakt account, as well as an 8-digit code. Keep the page/tutorial open and move on to the next step.
- Open your web browser and go to Trakt TV’s activation page—https://trakt.tv/activate. Sign in to Trakt if your web browser isn’t linked to your account.
- Enter the activation code displayed in the Cinema HD app on your TV and select Continue.
- Option Right on the confirmation prompt to authenticate the app’s access to your Trakt account on the Fire TV Stick.
That will enable Trakt TV’s ability to integrate with the Cinema HD app.
Install and activate Trakt TV on Kodi
Kodi is another app that offers free content on Fire TV devices. Here’s how to activate and use the Trakt TV for Kodi add-on on your Fire TV Stick.
- On the main menu, select Search icon in the upper left corner.
- Option Search for add-ons.
- Type trakt.tv in the search bar and select ALRIGHT.
- Option Script – Trakt.
- Option Setting.
Wait for the application to install Trakt TV from the Kodi add-on store. Notice the “Add-ons enabled” warning in the top right corner of the app.
Wait another 5-10 seconds and Trakt will display an authentication page with an activation code and a QR code.
Scan the QR code with your smartphone camera or proceed to the next step to manually provide the code on the Trakt TV website.
- Towards Trakt TV activation page on your web browser and log in to your Trakt account. Enter the activation code to enable Trakt in the Kodi app if you are already signed in. Click Continue proceed with.
- Option Right on the confirmation prompt to connect the Trakt add-on to your account.
Note: Trakt plug-ins may sometimes not show the activation page after installation. If you have skipped the activation stage, follow the steps below to get the activation code back.
- Open the Kodi Settings menu, go to Add-ons > My Add-ons > All of > Traktand choose Configure.
- inside Shared tab, select How do I allow the trakt addon to access my trakt.tv account?.
- Wait for the add-on to load the account authorization page and enter the code on the Trakt TV website — see step #6.
Check out the apps associated with Trakt
As mentioned earlier, Trakt supports a number of streaming and multimedia applications on Fire TV devices. Here’s how to view and disconnect apps or media centers associated with your Trakt account:
- Log in to your Trakt account on a web browser, tap profile iconand choose Setting.
- Go Connected Apps to see all the apps that are allowed to access your Trakt account.
Find a streaming app or service you no longer use and choose Access recovery to unlink the app.
Trakt TV + Fire TV Stick
Trakt TV is free, but the standard version (free) will show ads and occasional pop-ups. The Trakt VIP plan ($30) unlocks features like advanced filtering, Plex ScrobblerAmazon Alexa Integration, etc. Reference Frequently asked questions page on Trakt .’s website to learn more about the platform’s features, pricing, and VIP features.