Android phones are great devices for people who like to have lots of customization options and control over the operating system on their device. Your Android device comes with features pre-installed and automatically activated to ensure the security and functionality of your smartphone.
There are also hidden features and Android hacks that you can enable by entering the so-called USSD (Unstructured Extra Service Data) code.
Below is a list of Android secret codes that allow you to unlock hidden actions on your smartphone.
What does the USSD code do?
USSD codes are hidden codes that allow you to access certain features of your mobile phone without going through your settings. These feature codes look like a combination of numbers and symbols and usually start with an asterisk (*) or a hashtag (#).
The Android secret code is programmed into your SIM card or mobile phone number and allows your smartphone to communicate with your mobile network operator. You can use these codes to do things on your smartphone faster and thus become a more efficient user.
In this list you will find the most popular secret codes that work on most Android phones and some even work on iPhones. However, depending on your mobile phone manufacturer, the Android version your phone is running on, your region and the phone applications, some codes may not work. That might be the case if you are using a dual SIM smartphone. There are also codes that are specific to different carriers and different phone models, so they will only work for them.
The only way to find out if a certain code works for you is to try using it on your Android phone.
How to use USSD codes on your Android device
USSD codes can really simplify your daily smartphone usage. You don’t have to scroll through your settings looking for a specific feature anymore. Instead, you need to follow these quick steps.
- Open the dialer on your smartphone (phone app). It’s usually on your home screen.
- Enter the USSD code you want to use.
- Some codes will start loading automatically, for others you will need to select Call button.
Below you will find a list of USSD codes for Android that you should try. We divide all secret codes into categories according to their function.
Codes to improve your device’s security
These USSD codes are the most important ones. Use these security codes if your phone is not working properly and if you suspect a third party is affecting your handset. Using them will put you at ease or help you act faster if you discover that a hacker is tampering with your device.
- * # 06 #: The USSD code is important, especially when you buy a new or pre-owned Android device. You can use it to see the IMEI number of your smartphone and check if it is the same as the one listed on the box or on the back of the phone.
- * # 0 * #: Activate general test mode. You can use this code to test a number of different features of your smartphone. Things you can choose from test menu include front cam test, LED test, extra key, touch test, run barcode emulation test, check your device version, RGB test and check the grip sensor.
- * # * # 232338 # * # *: Displays the MAC address of the Wi-Fi. The Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique address of your device that can be used to identify the device when it is connected to a network. If you suspect a data breach, use this code to see the MAC address and check if it corresponds to your network.
- * # * # 4986 * 2650468 # * # *: USSD code showing your phone’s firmware information including PDA (Personal Digital Assistant), RF (Radio Frequency), call date, hardware, your smartphone model and date production (or RFCallDate). You can find out if any of this information has been changed, which could be the cause of your system malfunction.
- * # 3282 * 727336 * #: Use this code to view your storage and system information. When using this code you will see data consumption details on your screen. If you notice any unusual details, it could be evidence that someone is remotely using your phone.
- * # * # 34971539 # * # *: Code that allows you to view your camera information. That includes the number of cameras on your phone, information about the firmware version, the camera module, etc. You can also use this code to see if someone has tampered with the program. your camera base or not.
- * # * # 1472365 # * # *: This USSD code activates a quick GPS test. Checking that Android’s GPS is working correctly can help you in some situations, such as when you lose your phone or when someone steals it. If your GPS is turned on, you can use this data to locate your device.
- * # * # 4636 # * # *: A useful code to view your battery information, WLAN and Wi-Fi status. In addition to checking battery and WLAN, you can use this code to find out who has accessed your apps thanks to the usage statistics displayed.
Effective phone management code
The following USSD codes represent actions that you can quickly perform on your phone. They can also be used as security codes as you can use them to quickly turn off your phone or delete any sensitive information before it falls into the wrong hands.
- * # * # 7594 # * # *: USSD code to manage the power button operation on your smartphone. Normally, to turn off the phone, you need to hold the power button, then choose from the menu to turn off the phone. You can use this code to change this sequence. For example, you can set your phone to power off quickly without using the menus.
- * # * # 7780 # * # *: Use this code to factory reset your phone. Initial format deletes all personal data, all app data (like removing Google account settings stored on your phone) and apps from your device but does not reset the program basis. This is a good option when you want to sell your phone without any hassle.
- * 2767 * 3855 #: Code to restore your Android factory settings device. Only use this code after you have backed up all your data or in case of absolute emergency, as it will wipe your phone and erase all your data. This code will also erase and reinstall the firmware.
- * # * # 273282 * 255 * 663282 * # * # *: You can try using this code to quickly backup your media files before doing a factory reset or factory reset.
- * # * # 197328640 # * # *: Using this code you can enable Engineering/Service Mode (or Service Menu) which allows you to run various tests and change the settings of your Android device.
Code to perform initial check on your Android device
Do you experience unusual lags and delays when using your smartphone? Or maybe just want to check that every part of your device is working as it should? Try using these hidden codes to test different systems inside your smartphone.
- * # * # 2664 # * # *: USSD code to perform touch screen test.
- * # * # 0 * # * # *: Use this code to test the LCD.
- * # * # 526 # * # *: Perform a wireless LAN test.
- * # * # 232331 # * # *: Code to perform Bluetooth test.
- * # * # 7262626 # * # *: This code activates the field test.
- * # * # 0842 # * # *: Using this code you can do vibration test and backlight test.
- * # * # 0283 # * # *: Code to perform packet replay testing.
- * # * # 0588 # * # *: Use this code to test the proximity sensor.
- * # * # 0673 # * # * or * # * # 0289 # * # *: Both of these codes work for tone and tone tests.
- # 0782 * #: USSD code for real-time clock checking.
Code to learn important information about your phone
The following USSD codes help you quickly access various information about your mobile phone and network. Using these codes, you can review the functionality of your phone’s apps and components and make sure everything is working properly.
- # * # 426 # * #: The USSD code allows you to perform Google Play diagnostics. It displays Google Play Services information.
- *#0228#: This code shows your battery status.
- * # * # 2663 # * # *: Displays the touchscreen version of your Android device.
- * # * # 44336 # * # *: Use this code to see your phone build time and change the listing number.
- * # * # 3264 # * # *: Code showing your RAM version.
- * # * # 1111 # * # *: Use this code to check your FTA software version information.
- * # * # 2222 # * # *: This code shows your FTA hardware version.
- * # * # 232337 # * #: Displays the Bluetooth device address.
- * 3001 # 12345 # *: Use this code to access Field Mode, where you can find out information about local area networks and cell towers.
- * # * # 225 # * # *: Find out what Calendar data is stored on your device.
Call management code & payment information
The following codes allow you to access your phone’s call management features and set up features such as call forwarding and call waiting. There are also specific codes that you can enter to display or send your payment information as SMS.
- * # sixty seven #: A secret code to check call forwarding on your phone. This will tell you whether your calls are forwarded when your line is busy and to which number they are forwarded.
- * # sixty one #: This code tells you how long it will take until your phone calls are forwarded to the message center.
- # thirty first #: Code that disables your caller ID.
- * thirty first #: This code restores your caller ID.
- * 43 #: Use this code to enable call waiting.
- # 43 #: Code to deactivate call waiting.
- * 5005 * 7672 #: USSD code to learn your SMS center number.
- * 3282 #: Use this code to receive an SMS with your payment information.
Use secret Android codes to become a pro
This list contains the best Android codes that work on most devices. However, depending on your phone model and the carrier you use, you may find that specific codes or actions aren’t available on your phone. You can try searching online for the codes that are specific to your phone model and check them out. After all, the beauty of owning an Android phone lies in the many ways that you can use it to modify it, even without rooting it.